To read about the people who have helped Doug and the Slugs reach over 40 years, check out the following blog posts below!
Have a ‘Behind The Scenes’ story to share? Let’s Connect!
- Intro: Hans Sipma – Professional Photographer & VideographerHans was born in Holland and emigrated to Canada with his parents when he was […]
- Chapter 1: My First Photoshoot of Doug & The Slugs Band By: Hans SipmaIt was September of 1979 when I got my first call to do a promo […]
- Chapter 2: ‘Cognac & Bologna’ Album Cover By Hans SipmaMy first album cover shoot with the Slugs was for “Cognac and Bologna” a name […]
- Chapter 3: ‘Wrap It’ Album Cover By Hans SipmaIn late summer of 1981 I was once again contacted by Doug to shoot the […]
- Chapter 4: Photographing ‘TEN BIG ONES’ By Hans SipmaIn May 1984 I shot the cover for the Slugs greatest hits album, “Ten Big […]
- Chapter 5: ‘Love Shines’ Video By Hans SipmaIn 1984 Doug Bennett asked if I would be interested in shooting a video for the Slugs […]
- Chapter 6: Photographing Doug Bennett’s ‘ANIMATO’ AlbumDoug recorded his first solo album in 1986 – although it wasn’t truly a solo […]
- Chapter 7: ‘Tomcat Prowl’ Music Video by Hans SipmaIn 1988 Doug asked if I would shoot the video for the single for the […]
- Chapter 8: ‘Terminal City’ Video By Hans SipmaThe last video I shot for Doug & the Slugs was for the single “Terminal […]
- Chapter 9: The Birth of Ted Okos into Doug & the SlugsSimon Kendall shares, “John Burton first approached me early in 2009 about finding a replacement […]
- Chapter 10: My Slug Story by Ted OkosI was living in Kelowna in 2009 when out of the blue I received a […]
- Chapter 11: Remembering Frank FelderColin Gray (Lighting Tech): We did a show at the Savoy before leaving for Toronto […]